We are seeking an Experienced Installer Technician with technical knowledge, skills and abilities that includes but are not limited to installation of components and accessories, assembly of components such as shelving and various custom interior parts, mechanical, automotive, fabrication and manufacturing abilities. Strong plumbing experience is required. Preferably in the RV or marine industry.
To be considered for this position, applicants must meet the requirements below:
· REQUIRED: 5 years experience in the van conversion, vehicle up-fit, RV or mechanic industry.
· REQUIRED: 2 Years experience of plumbing
· REQUIRED: Ability to install interior van components. This includes the ability to determine how parts should go together and using hand and/or power tools to make adjustments and/or assemble them together.
· REQUIRED: Knowledge and ability to use hand or power tools to assemble parts and various components
· REQUIRED : Automotive / Mechanical / Plumbing background
· REQUIRED: Ability to multi-task, this position is a very detailed oriented position
REQUIRED: Knowledge of basic hand and power tools is
· Install various components in vans such as: shelving, cabinets, seating, doors, partitions, windows, steps, running boards, etc. using a variety of hand and power tools.
· Install water and air heating systems in vans such as Webasto or Espar systems.
· Install sinks, water pumps, water tanks, fittings/hoses, air duct, etc.
· Perform quality control tasks in preparing the vehicles for departure.
· Cleans and organizes the shop or facility area.
· Perform quality control to ensure all parts are fitted and screwed in properly.
· Practice problem solving and troubleshooting techniques as part of continuous improvement to products and processes.
· Physical demands may require lifting and/or moving a minimum of 50lbs.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee may frequently be required to: Stand, kneel, bend, squat, push or pull.
El Kapitan offers all regular full time
employees Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays and Medical Benefits (Medical,
Dental and Vision)
Additional Job Information :
· Work day is from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
· This position will require on the job training.
Starting hourly rate
ranges from $18.00 - $25.00 (compensation is determined by experience and
meeting the requirements listed above)
El Kapitan provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender, medical condition or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws in the State of California.
Job Type: Full-time