RV / Trailer Service Technician
NRS Trailers is hiring a RV Service Technician in Decatur, TX.
NRS is one of the largest horse, livestock and living quarter trailer dealers in the United States! Our home base is at the NRS Ranch in Decatur, TX with additional locations in Fort Scott, Kansas, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Ocala, Florida,Willis, Texas, and Wickenburg, AZ.
NRS Trailers is a part of NRS World, a leader in the Western, Ranch and Rodeo industries. NRS is comprised of brick and mortar locations including western apparel, rodeo supplies, home décor, feed stores, a leather shop, as well as unparalleled national e-commerce and catalog operations. Our event and training facilities,located at NRS Ranch, are equipped with hook ups, stalls, bunkhouses and cabins that accommodate several world-class events throughout the year.
The RV Technician will examine, troubleshoot and diagnose units needing repair and maintenance.Responsibilities will include General Repair of Trailer and RV systems,including but not limited to: LP gas and electrical appliances, Heat & Air Conditioners, plumbing, 12 volt & 110 volt electrical items, and light carpentry/trim work. Repairs will also include brakes, axles and bearing service.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Repair electrical wiring on trailers
· Complete general repairs
· Living quarter trailer repairs including refrigerators, AC units, hot water heaters, generators and plumbing
· Perform warranty repairs requiring Onan, Dometic, and other manufacturer certifications.
Qualifications and Skills
· Certified in onan generators
· RVIA certifications
· Plumbing water systems and repair/replace holding tanks
· Dometic/Coleman a/c systems
· Electric/LP/12V refrigerator systems, Norcold/Dometic
· Woodworking/trim work
· Aluminum and steel welding/fabrication
· LP systems and appliances
· Hydraulic jacks and leveling systems
· Extensive 12V wiring; including troubleshooting shorts and schematics
· Extensive 120VAC wiring; including troubleshooting shorts and schematics
· Good manual dexterity and balance while working off the ground
· Mechanical, electrical and electronics aptitude;
· Troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities
· Good communication,organizational and learning skills
· The desire to upgrade and learn new skills as technology advances
· The ability to work independently and as a team member
· Pride in workmanship and the desire to attain a superior level of expertise
· Desire to be challenged with a variety of tasks that are rarely repetitious in nature
· Good Mechanical Ability
· Good Reliable transportation to and from work
· Valid Driver's license with clean record is required
· Ability to drive large RV’s and tow/move large trailers
Job Type: Full-time