Category and Product Portfolio Manager
- Develop a business intelligence process to consistently map the competitive environment and use this data to support product, pricing, distribution and promotion strategies.
- Establishing a category strategy that balances consumer needs, market trends, product lifecycle, technology trends, profitability, manufacturing footprint and operational complexity.
- Serving as internal resource to Sales, Marketing, Service, and Brunswick Boat Group Technology Center to shape new product innovation by connecting dealer, consumer, and category insights.
- Leading the data collection and analysis of all pricing initiatives; work closely with sales, finance, and engineering to determine optimal competitive/market driven pricing; work closely with the sales team to determine the appropriate promotional activities.
- Conducting market/channel performance analysis, developing or optimizing distribution strategy to maximize product availability & visibility, and improving customer service through dealers for each key market identified by Sales.
- Directing long range business planning activities to meet future strategic & financial goals, such as long-term demand forecasting and manufacturing footprint planning.
- Leverage external relationships with design and technology experts to influence new product design and existing product enhancements that will help to provide a sustainable competitive advantage for Bayliner and Heyday.
- Manage the Program Approval Committee (PAC) governance and oversight for new product and technology programs in the development channel.
- Lead and coordinate Venture Group NA strategic documentation and reporting to convey and align with corporate objectives.
- Monitor existing product market performance and develop appropriate actions/activities to ensure peak performance throughout the product lifecycle.
- Develop and recommend New Product design/development charters that will provide a scope of work for design and engineering to develop world class industry leading products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or similar along with 5-7 years of general business experience; product, portfolio or lifecycle management and/or MBA preferred.
- Proven successes with project management, trend and opportunity identification and portfolio insight.
- Experience with database management (SalesForce, Business Objects, advanced Excel skills, or similar).
- Proven experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Ability to develop and manage diverse portfolio and prioritize objectives.
- Ability to apply sound business principles and practices to project management.
- Ability to influence, lead, negotiate, inspire and coordinate multiple cross-functional teams at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of product, product features and benefits, customer profiles, customer buying preferences, competitive trends, competitive product strengths, weaknesses and opportunities to better manage the brand and grow the portfolio.
- Implement price positioning and supporting work for annual product line pricing processes.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Have an excellent command of data and data presentation (articulate, accurate).
- Manage and proactively report on several projects at any given time.
- Think big while managing the small details through to completion.
- Possess intellectual curiosity and passion.
- Track global consistency and leverage of best practices across brands to ensure product and brand integrity.
- Lead and influence cross-functional teams on strategic category issues, processes and initiatives.
- Provide category and direct product expertise, market trend, competitive analysis.