RV Service Tech
Truma is a leading international manufacturer of highly developed heating and air conditioning equipment, as well as comfort accessories for travel trailers, motorhomes, boats and utility vehicles. Our global success and top market share comes from our customer focus, innovation, product quality and outstanding service. Truma is a medium-sized, family-oriented company with about 600 employees globally and a long history going back more than 60 years.
Want to be a part of an exceptional and growing company, in a fast-paced, fun, flexible, and team-spirited environment? Truma has a place for you! We are looking for Regional Field Service Technician’s to join our team.
Regional Field Service Technician
Location Area: Colorado Springs, CO
Hours: M-F; some weekends required; 45 hours a week on average
Reports to: Sr. VP Business Development
- You will install, maintain and repair heating and water heater systems for customers remotely at campgrounds, dealers, etc. in an efficient way.
- You will diagnose diverse service issues, obtain replacement parts, calibrate system to Truma specifications, document and explain fully to the Customer and Customer Care area what the issues are and what is required to correct.
- You will provide excellent customer service by helping our customers and partners via phone or in person with technical questions surrounding the products, warranties and trouble-shooting issues.
- You will coordinate inventory to ensure product or parts are available and handle all aspects of the service call, ensuring customer is invoiced correctly, payments are collected, and customer follow up is timely.
- You will travel regionally in a company van and attend trade shows and community events to effectively market, promote and place Truma as a key partner in the US RV industry.
- You will participate in company-provided training opportunities on latest industry technologies to continually enhance skill sets.
- Requires mechanical certification, or the equivalent in course work/apprenticeship training in mechanical maintenance, plumbing, HVAC, water heater repair, or gas system repair.
- 5+ years of experience in installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and providing sales/service in the heating and water heater industry.
- Has the ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, and/or manuals and make effective installations and repairs as noted. Experience in managing inventory and handling customer order paperwork, collecting payments, and other administrative items as needed.
- Excellent personal presentation and communication skills (in person and over the phone) to understand customer needs and respond effectively/professionally, as well as visit and engage prospects in the area.
- Excellent customer focus, self-starter for time management, planning/prioritizing, and organizational skills are essential to meet call/appointment volume.
- Professional, goal oriented, and ability to promote and provide excellent service work to help build Truma‘s presence in the region.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, travel and work independently in a timely manner, making sure the job is done correctly the first time to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
Competitive Base Salary & Discretionary Bonus Opportunity:
Compensation is commensurate with experience in the role
The compensation will grow as the team member grows!
What else do we offer? Truma offers an exciting entrepreneurial, family-oriented work environment with flexible work/life balance schedules, challenging and progressive career development, competitive salaries, open communication, informal recognition and team-building events, and much, much more for motivated, results-oriented individuals who want to make a real difference in their community and role.
Contact us today and learn more about the Truma Family and how they can enhance your career!
Travel:Continuous throughout the region
Visit our website at:www.truma.net We are an Equal Opportunity Employer